Tuesday, April 12, 2011

eliminating the "noise"

Hey there,

So Vanessa and I started this blog a while back and due to us both being pretty busy we lost touch with it. This makes me sad because we were sooo excited about it when we created it.

This past weekend ignited the flame.

Last Friday night I had dinner at John's of 12th street. Which I will blog about later(amazing homey, classic italian). My best friend and roommate Amanda was talking about the Tina Fey talk that she had just went to. I could just tell how inspired she was just by hearing her talk. Basically saying that if you really want something you can make it happen. If doesn't matter where you are or what you are going through. Tina Fey is proof of this. She is super successful(hilarious), driven, and self-made. 

Amanda had also been reading the new Bethenny Frankel book, called A Place of Yes. One of the things that stuck out in my mind was a term Bethenny called "noise", saying that anything telling you "you can't do it", or "it will never work", "I'm too busy", "I'm not good enough", etc. are all just excuses therefore holding you back from what you truly want and can achieve.

This really got me thinking... Granted, I'm not still sure where I want to be in 10 years from now but what I do know is I love design, food, and talking about the two. So here it goes. Hope you enjoy. 


-NRB



No comments:

Post a Comment